I’ve lost track of all the RT conventions I’ve attended. I couldn’t give you years, but like others I talk to when discussing RT I mention cities. Houston. Los Angeles. Daytona. Kansas City. Orlando. I remember the people I knew going in and the people I met for the first time, face to face. I always manage to find something fun at an RT, and before I realize it, it’s over.
Like any event, there are things I love and things I’d rather avoid, but often the good outweighs the meh. For example:
Things I Miss
- The freebies! Everywhere you go, people are handing you free books, free pens, those things you use to wipe down computer screens. It’s swag heaven if you’re into that sort of thing. I always collected the stuff and did a giveaway of my swag bag to a reader; it’s fun to share the wealth.
- The parties. I’m not the most social person in the world, but I always liked going to the big night events and seeing the costumes and decorations.
- The panels. I have taken away valuable information at past RTs. I understand there were some new panels this year and I’m sorry to have missed them.
Things I Could Do Without
- Getting up early. Especially if I’d been out late the night before. RT keeps you hopping, so you better be ready to roll.
- The lines. Yeah, if you want to go a popular event, be there early. There is consolation, though, because you ultimately find a friend in line to hang with you.
- That ride back to the airport. I can’t wait for the transporter to be invented so I can just beam to the next event.
What do you miss most about RT?
Don’t forget I have a giveaway happening too, still time to enter. Good luck!
And here is the giveaway for a $50 GC to All Romance!