It’s Halloween today. Tomorrow begins the lead-up to American Thanksgiving, and then the dreaded dash to Christmas. After that, it’s preparing for the Super Bowl, if you’re an American football fan. In fact, my favorite pun on the season so far has been, “Merry Hallowthanksmas Bowl.” Or, as author and herbalist Jeanne Rose puts it, “the holidaze.”
So here are several important things to remember over the next twelve weeks:
- Don’t try to stuff all the tasks into the next few weeks.
- Even if you worked 24 hours a day between now and December 24th, it’s not possible to get all the things finished.
- The point of the holidays is to reconnect with family and friends.
- Focus on the people, not the trappings.
- Try not to eat all the crap that’s available between now and then. Your body will thank you in January.
What about you, Dear Reader? What are your favorite ways to survive this season?
– E.E. Cummings
Noon and Wilder links: Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter