I love coffee. Those of you who have read me for a while know this.
But occasionally, I go off coffee on purpose.
I know, right? Say wha?
But here’s the thing. If you find your tummy gets acidic a lot, you’re jittery, and you can’t focus, it’s maybe because of the caffeine. Here’s what I’ve found works to detox:
- You will get a headache. It’s just withdrawal.
- The headache can last anywhere from one day to several, depending on how much coffee you’re accustomed to drinking.
- You will feel tired.
- Stick with it, once you get past the icky, you’ll feel fine.
- Buy yourself a pound of chamomile from a store that sells herbs. Whole Foods carries it, but it’s pricey; you’re better off if you can find a local tea shop or herbal pharmacy. If you buy it online, be careful and know the merchant. Frontier Herbs is excellent quality, for example. Make yourself a pot of chamomile every day, in the same amount as you drank your coffee. You’ll be amazed; I was.
- If you find that you like herbs, study them. Sage Mountain has an excellent homestudy course by Rosemary Gladstar.
- Make sure you drink lots of clean water.
But, just a thought here; maybe don’t quit caffeine the Monday before American Thanksgiving. Probably not a good idea.
– E.E. Cummings
Noon and Wilder links: Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter