As you know, Noblesse has to choose between two men. Since I don’t want to spoil it for everyone, I’m putting the words “my prince” in place of his name. Noblesse is originally from France and became a vampire in Paris during the French Revolution. So much has changed since she left Paris, that only one place gives her peace. (And yes, a vampire can enter a church. It depends on what kind of life they have been leading.) Here she is will her prince, her chosen one, and two guards.
The moment Noblesse stepped into Notre Dame, she felt peace. They attended Mass with Lasalle and Cassius beside them.
As the crowd filed out, Noblesse and her prince went to the front to light candles, one for her mother and one to thank St. Jeanne D’Arc for her assistance.
The two knelt and prayed while Lasalle and Cassius sat in the second row of pews waiting. Her prince got up and talked to the priest, and a few minutes later returned.
Hand-in-hand, they walked through the cathedral. Noblesse took in every detail. In her mind, she said “farewell to Notre Dame.” They entered a night shivering in the dark but filled with diamond points of light. She grieved losing her past in a shiny bright new Paris. Many places she remembered were gone but Notre Dame remained.
Still holding her hand, her prince whispered, “Invisible.”
He held her around the waist and flew up to the bell tower, reappearing on top of a gargoyle. He embraced her from behind. “I know that part of your anguish is that Paris has changed so much. So I give you this view of the City of Light from your church. I give you Paris to thank you for giving me your heart. This is my wedding gift to you.”
Can’t wait to find out what happens next?
You have two options:
- For those that cannot wait, Vampire Princess of New York is available right in Kindle on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Vampire-Princess-York-Arnhem-Knights-ebook/dp/B01LWXYX1G
- Or you can enter my contest by commenting in the comment box and tell me why you need to read one of my books. Since in each post, I will be writing about another one. I will be posting around noon Eastern time and around 7 pm Eastern time every day of the party.
I have to give you fair warning. I have been accused of writing extremely romantic vampires.
Now to enter the contest you will want to:
- Find my posts and comment in as many of them as you can find. Each time you comment at a post, you increase your chances.
- You want to say why you need to read one of my books.
- The contest ends when the party ends.
- The prize is an ebook copy from my list of current books, which includes Vampire Princess of New York. To see what’s available, visit http://www.susanhannifordcrowley.com
Good luck! And remember: All’s fair in love with fangs! Be sure to vote for your favorite author on side of the page.
Susan Hanniford Crowley, Amazon Kindle Bestselling Author of Vampire Romance
Where love burns eternal and whispers in the dark!
NEW: Vampire Princess of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 2 available in Kindle!
Vampire King of New York, Arnhem Knights of New York, Book 1 available in Kindle and Print and Barnes and Noble Print
Vampire in the Basement, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 4 available in Kindle.
Poseidon’s Catch (mythology romance) available in Kindle.
Mrs. Bright’s Tea Room (steampunk romance) available in Kindle.
A Vampire for Christmas,Vampires in Manhattan, Book 3 available in Kindle.
The Stormy Love Life of Laura Cordelais, Vampires in Manhattan, Book 2 available in Kindle and Print and Barnes and Noble Print
When Love Survives, Vampires in Manhattan Book 1 available in Kindle and Print, Nook, Kobo and Smashwords.