* Hi! My name is Chris, and I write under the names C.R. Moss for erotic and mainstream romance and Casey Moss for mainstream dark fiction (horror, suspense, urban fantasy). My professional bio for C.R.: “An eccentric and eclectic writer, C.R. Moss pens stories for the mainstream and erotic romance markets, giving readers Worlds of Possibilities when it comes to love.” Basically I write stories from the light and sweet to the dark and deadly with varying degrees of sexual heat. The bio for my other persona: Casey Moss delves into the darker aspects of life in her writing, sometimes basing the stories on reality, sometimes on myth. No matter the path, her stories will take you on a journey from the light-hearted paranormal to dark things unspeakable. What waits around the corner? Come explore…
* Today I’m here to tout my latest C.R. Moss release, Lovers and the Fiend. This is a story in Evernight Publishing’s Naughty Fairy Tale line. The characters, Jack and Kristina, appeared in my short story – Chasing Miss Kringle – that’s in an Evernight Publishing anthology – Stockings and Suspenders. This is the first of a handful of stories I have planned for the NFT line that revolve around the world started in CMK and Lovers. You don’t have to read the anthology story to read Lovers, but it’d be nice if you did.
* The idea for the world these characters exist in came when I got the idea for Chasing Miss Kringle for Stockings and Suspenders. At first the anthology story was just going to revolve around a guy meeting a woman at a 5k race, but then my muse ran with the paranormal idea and created a dual investigation service. Then, I had an urge to write for the NFT line and figured CMK would be a good place to start with a world and setting for that story. It all takes place in my home town of Las Vegas.
* If I had to describe Jack (my favorite character in the book) and Kristina each in five words they’d be ~ Jack: handsome, intelligent, stubborn, honest, slow-to-change & Kristina: feisty, smart, independent, passionate, magical
* If I had to give one of my favorite lines in the story, it’d be: Pale skinned, she appeared beautiful at first glance, but there was an underlying aspect of decay and dilapidation, like an old house someone tried to make look new with a fresh coat of paint, but no one bothered to make repairs. (Thanks to my crit partner, Erin, for helping me with my stories!)
* Here’s some info on it to whet your whistle…
~ Blurb for Lovers and the Fiend ~
* Ex-cop turned private investigator, Jack Vorst, learns his elf girlfriend Kristina has been missing for a few days after being invited to an underground vampire club. He, too, is summoned to visit club Hexenringe and is taken captive. Jack finds Kristina bound and gagged in a human sized bird cage. They’re both thrust into a kinky world at the hands of Kol, the club owner. Kol, a vampiric beast, shifts into human form to be with Jack and Kristina and needs them to remember their pasts and to love him so he can return to what he used to be. Can Kol make the pair fall in love with him despite his current situation and the fact he’s keeping them captive or will they leave, making it too late for him to change all their fates?
Warning: ménage a trios, M/M, bondage, anal sex, sex toys, public exhibition
~ Excerpt (R) for Lovers and the Fiend ~
* The handsome guy grabbed his pants, hurried off the stage and down the side steps.
* Well, it’s either find my girl or appease any inquisitiveness toward being with a member of the same sex. Like maybe with Mr. Sexy who’s coming toward me.
* Jack stopped several inches short of running into the dancer, who happened to be the same height as his six-foot frame. The man smiled. His dazzling gray eyes twinkled. The dancer reminded Jack of someone, but he couldn’t place who. The guy dropped his pants, grabbed the back of Jack’s head and planted his lips on his. The kiss was harsh, demanding, but the man didn’t seem to care, so neither did Jack. His free hand traveled down and cupped the bulge hiding in Jack’s jeans. Tingles raced through his body, and Jack wondered what the feel of the dancer’s hand on his naked cock would be like.
* For the merest of moments, the man swept his tongue into Jack’s mouth. He tasted of a nutty, roasted flavor with a sweet tinge. Caramel? Perhaps. Jack made a note to find the beer the dancer drank beforehand and read the ingredients.
* Loving the play of his tongue against his, Jack was about to reciprocate in the intensity of the kiss, but the dancer broke it off.
* “I’m glad you approved,” the man’s tenor voice purred in a hint above a whisper.
* Jack wasn’t sure if he meant how Jack didn’t mind the stranger planting one on him, touching him or the thought he had about what he’d been drinking, or all of it, so he just nodded.
* “Come.” The man presented his long fingered hand with a charming smile.
* Surprised how it didn’t faze him to accept it, he grinned, and where they touched, Jack’s skin sizzled. His knees seemed to weaken, and the only thought running through his lust-addled brain was that he’d follow the dancer anywhere, do anything the man wanted him to do.
* The dancer winked, making him feel like his mind was an open book to him, and guided him to a door between the bar and stage. After stepping through the doorway, the man shut the door, encasing them in darkness. His hand tugged Jack’s. In silence, the dancer led him through the dark. How? He didn’t know. But in a weird way, Jack trusted him not to lead him astray.
* Several feet in, the man stopped. “I am pleased you made the right decision to come here tonight.” His hot breath fanned Jack’s cheek.
* Jack wished he could see the man and how close he actually was to him. If he moved his head, would he be able to kiss the guy in the thong? He cleared his throat. “Well, first off I came to find my woman. Secondly, your invitation seemed to be one I couldn’t ignore, and…” Jack paused. And what? Now that he was here, he found himself aroused and craving the man’s attention. Could he admit that aloud?
* “And?” The man licked the edge of his ear.
* Desire within Jack spiked, and heat fanned out from his ear and encompassed his neck. He gulped. “And now I think I want you.”
Purchase link for Lovers and the Fiend:
* Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/lovers-and-the-fiend-by-c-r-moss/