Two randy young wolfmen want my burrow — and me. And they aren’t planning to take no for answer!
By Brannan Black
Cover Art By Bryan Keller
Reviewed by Love Romances and More
BLIND PASSION is a short, sexy tale that will leave you squirming in your seat and aching for more
Ms. Black has another winner on her hands with her spin-off Wolfman Tales and I cannot wait to for the next installment. Reviewed by Dawn read the full review here .
Blurb: The world fell apart after a virus killed billions, and turned most male survivors into violent wolfmen. Five of us, my family, found refuge in an abandoned bomb shelter. Over the last three years I’ve lost them all. Now I’m trapped here.
Food stores running low, I resolved I would not die down here in the stark silence of my burrow. I know there are dangers outside: wild animals, fatal injuries, and worst of all, the beasts that had once been men. Wild, feral creatures infected with a virus that turns normal men into half animal beasts.
But I needed to feel the sun on my face, hear the whispers of the wind as it caresses my skin. To smell the earth, the flowers, the freshness after it rains. To know life goes on outside my isolated tomb. It was worth the risk of a horrid death for even one hour of such ecstasy.
I never imagined coming face to face with two young beasts. They want my burrow — and me. And they aren’t planning to take no for an answer. It would seem my loneliness has ended. At least until they realize what a burden I will be. In a world where only the strongest survive, I’m excess baggage. Unless I can convince them otherwise.
It’d been a week since I’d started venturing out of my burrow, slipping along the side of the building, checking out what I could around it. A lot of weeds, but some flowers grew in the bright Colorado sun, too. I pulled some of the weeds in hopes that more flowers would grow. It lifted some of the dark depression from my soul, just being in the sun again.
Mostly, I heard only birds, squirrels and the wind. Occasionally something would rustle somewhere near, and I would scamper like a frightened bunny back into my burrow. Around the far side of the shed, I’d found a nice spot of shade to sit and enjoy the air, dreaming of days gone by or a future where my sister Jian returned.
Maybe she’d found a refugee camp that would take us. Or others who would come here to live.
Sometimes, far more often than I dared admit, I would imagine a man coming to save me like some prince in a fairy tale. Knowing I was alone, I played out these fantasies wherever I was. After all, who would see me lying naked in the grass with my fingers in my lonely pussy? Surly if anyone, even beasts, were around they’d have come for me by now.
A snap of sound pulled me from my dozing. My heartbeat thundered in my ears, and I jerked up, fully alert. I heard a sound, a rustling in the grass, too constant to be the wind, from around the left side of the shed. The breeze carried a musky odor unlike any animal I knew.
Every time I went out I took the rifle Jian had left me. Not that I could hit a damned thing with it, but maybe it would make whatever was out there pause long enough for me to get back inside. I threw the bolt, chambering a round.
“I’ll shoot if you don’t back off!” I put all the confidence I could muster into my vain warning.
A deep, growling voice chuckled from far too close. “I should warn you that getting shot pisses me off.” His voice sounded almost normal, almost human. Almost. Which meant a beast had found me. He’d stopped moving. I could hear his breath now, just around the corner.
I backed away toward the other corner, ready to make a dash for the door. Over the pounding of my heart I heard the grass rustle. I threw the gun at him, whirled and ran. Straight into a hard wall that shouldn’t have been there.
Confusion sang through my mind for the few seconds it took the wall to move. I screamed as a hard body twisted me around and slammed me face-first into the ground.
Growls seemed to come from everywhere around me. I struggled to crawl out from under the beast that had me but I knew it was futile. Strong claws tore into my clothing, holding me fast. Sharp fangs closed on the back of my neck. I sucked in a sob. This was it. The end. If I were lucky it’d be quick. An odd peace swept over me. I’d have died when the food ran out, anyway. I let out a deep breath, and the peace deepened. It was over. At least I wouldn’t be alone any longer. At that moment, death seemed just fine.
I rested my head on the ground, a slight smile curving my lips as I let out another deep breath. Time seemed to slow, and everything magnified in that instant — the brush of his beard on my neck, a fall of lank hair brushing the side of my face, the smell of his breath, oddly sweet, and the musky male smell under the need for a shower. Every rock under me and the smell of sun-warmed grass — all seemed amplified in those last moments of my life.
The fangs on my neck released. Shock flooded my already overwhelmed nerves. He rubbed his head along my turned cheek, surprising me with the softness of his beard and hair.
“Good, very good. Not prey. Knew you weren’t prey.”
Wolfman Tales Series
- Blind Passion Two randy young wolfmen want my burrow — and me. And they aren’t planning to take no for answer!
- Blind Devotion Derek and Jay risked their lives to save me. Now it’s my turn.
- Blind Faith Love is a leap of faith. And love conquers all. Right? If only it were that easy. Coming Jan 18 to Changeling Press
- Check out the entire Wolfman series at Changeling Press, All Romance ebooks, Amazon and Barnes & Noble
- Apocalypse Captured by vicious wolfmen, I expected a quick death. Or a slow painful one. They had other ideas.
- Revelations What could be worse than getting captured by wolfmen? Try taking one home to meet mom…
- Judgement The course of true love never runs smooth. For Daniel and Mace it runs red with a river of blood…
- Salvation Living with Mace is killing me. Can’t eat. Can’t sleep. What could be worse? Losing Mace.
- Genesis One thing stands between Mace and I. A psycho super rabid with a small army bent on killing us all.
Island Wolfman Series
- Paradise Marooned. Alone with the voices in my head — and an island full of sex crazed wolfmen…
- Soul Bound Can Ilario and Wulf claim Raven for their own before she gets them all killed?
- Blood Slave It’s the twenty-first century. Who keeps slaves anymore? Other than really, really old vampires…
- Blood Hunter Boytoy for a sexy blond vampire? No way. This cop has a job: find his daughter, hunt rogue vamps…
- Ravaged: Can Drifa protect Aiden and Mick from the ruling council — and still satisfy her own hungers?
- The Wild One, Eireann’s Tale Enslaved but not cowed, Eireann would rather die than submit to the Northman determined to tame her.
Brannan’s Fantasies, blog
Friend me on face book, Brannan Black, Author