* Hi again! In my last post I shared info with you about a holiday anthology from Evernight Publishing called Stockings and Suspenders. My contribution to the anthology is a story called Chasing Miss Kringle. The story’s set here in Las Vegas and follows a hunky private investigator who’s put on a special case to help out his friend’s wife. Well, what does that post have to do with this post? The characters from Chasing Miss Kringle have their own story!
* Coming out on January 25 from Evernight Publishing is Lovers and the Fiend ~ a Naughty Fairy Tale. This is the first of a handful of stories I have planned for the NFT line that revolve around the world started in CMK and Lovers. You don’t have to read the anthology story to read Lovers, but it’d be nice if you did.
~ Blurb for Lovers and the Fiend ~
* Ex-cop turned private investigator, Jack Vorst, learns his elf girlfriend Kristina has been missing for a few days after being invited to an underground vampire club. He, too, is summoned to visit club Hexenringe and is taken captive. Jack finds Kristina bound and gagged in a human sized bird cage. They’re both thrust into a kinky world at the hands of Kol, the club owner. Kol, a vampiric beast, shifts into human form to be with Jack and Kristina and needs them to remember their pasts and to love him so he can return to what he used to be. Can Kol make the pair fall in love with him despite his current situation and the fact he’s keeping them captive or will they leave, making it too late for him to change all their fates?
Warning: ménage a trios, M/M, bondage, anal sex, sex toys, public exhibition
~ Excerpt for Lovers and the Fiend ~
A peek into the beginning of the story…
* I have your woman. A nice piece of ass she is, too. She tells me you’re not bad yourself. I would love for you to join us later. A car will be waiting for you outside your office at noon today where my assistant will fill you in on some details. If you know what’s good for you and your gal, you’ll take advantage of this invitation. See you soon. ~ Kol Ainmire
* Jack Vorst’s temper went full tilt within a second. His blood pounded hard through his head and body. He’d told Kristina to be careful when she went out on her cases, but it seemed she still had gotten herself in trouble. Not good.
* “Vic! Get in here!” Trying to check and rein in his anger before he popped a vessel, Jack grabbed the letter he’d found on his desk while going through a stack of mail and a couple of case files. The paper crinkled within his one clenched hand, and the envelope it’d come in bunched up in his other.
* He kept his gaze downcast, ground his teeth. No sense in looking at the tan colored walls that were littered with stenciling in his office and be more irritated than he already was. The design and colors reminded him of the Native American beaded belts people sold at roadside stands.
* Vic’s wife, Malory, who worked in the adjoining office suites, loved her southwestern motifs. All the rooms for both divisions of the business were decorated to represent Arizona and New Mexico. The decorating style with too many colors and crazy patterns made his head swim, gave him a headache. He hated headaches.
* Staring at the crumpled papers in his hands, he sighed. Truth be told, Kristina’s whereabouts and her lack of checking in for several days only concerned him a little. She was able to take care of herself, and he trusted her. He loved her, wanted her to be safe, so of course he worried some. But being an elf gave her an advantage that mere humans didn’t have¬—the ability to escape situations by simply disappearing and reappearing elsewhere.
* Except this time.
Lovers and the Fiend will be available at Evernight Publishing soon! But for now you can read Stockings and Suspenders… Pick up the book/read an excerpt at one of these fine e-tailers…
All Romance eBooks
Find me at my social media sites:
* P.S. Check out my other 10th anniversary party posts, too! At the link below you’ll find info on my Contemporary Western stories, my sunset stories and info about the anthologies I’m in.