A Letter to Our Guests ~
* Howdy and welcome to the Double D! With all the glitz and glam offered on the Strip, we so appreciate you choosing our humble spread for your stay. Our residents, staff and guests are known to have sexy, sometimes spooky, but always wild good times here in our little corner of the west. Here on the Double D we aim to please.
* Our ladies, Bristol and Cassie, sometimes liken our lives to that of those daytime dramas, or as our Ma called them soap operas—full of lots of relationship highs and lows, family squabbles, the occasional whodunit, and sometimes paranormal wonders. And ya never know when one person’s or couple’s drama will take precedence over another’s.
* We just like to think that the excitement around here adds to the ranch’s charm. Our last tale had us meeting our gals, a couple of spitfires who kept us on our toes. Now we’re going to share another glimpse into all our lives here on the ranch and what happened when Marianne’s sister, Rachel, came for a visit.
* Enjoy your stay.
* Dakota Dougan, Ranch Manager and Damon Dougan, Lead Ranch Hand
The Double D Ranch Tales are set on a ranch just outside of the Las Vegas, Nevada area. In book one, Wild West Weekend, two friends take a trip and meet up at the working ranch for a bit of a break from real life. They expected to hang out and catch up with each other. What they didn’t expect was to meet a couple of cowboys who’d turn their lives upside down.
Here’s the info on Wild West Weekend ~ a contemporary erotic romance with cowboys set just outside of Las Vegas…
~ Blurb ~
Double D Ranch Tales, 1
Two people scared to love again. Two others hesitant about commitment. A weekend in Nevada will change all that.
Bristol Ashcombe is swearing off men and taking a vacation with her friend, Cassie. Damon Dougan is packed and ready to leave the ranch for a trip, that is, until a long-legged, sexy woman steps out of a vehicle and he decides to stay. Will one sex-filled weekend be enough for either of them?
Cassie Harding travels to the Double D ranch to meet Bristol and looks forward to seeing her old friend, Dakota. Dak’s excited when Cassie, his former sweetheart, returns. Cassie and Dakota, though they’re heating up ‘the sheets’ in and out of the bedroom, have fears about commitment after years of being single. Will they find it’s better to dance together than apart?
Be Warned: light bdsm, sex toys.
~ Excerpt ~
Regardless of what mood she was in, where she was, or who she was with, there was usually some kind of kink going on. Last night, she almost didn’t know how to react, then decided to go with the flow. After all, she didn’t know which way his tastes ran yet to do anything different in the sex department.
* She shoved a forkful of scrambled egg into her mouth. “And that has what to do with me?” she muttered around the food.
* “I’ve decided to keep an eye on you. You’re sticking by my side as much as possible.” He crossed his arms and his legs, indicating he’d brook no argument on the matter. “Now that you’re here, it’s gonna take a will of God to make me let you go this time.”
* Heat rushed through her body, raced up her neck into her cheeks. Cassie reached up and stroked her fingers over her throat, feeling its warmth. The fading bruises didn’t hurt anymore. She wore scarves and collars to keep people from staring, like he continued to do. But then, maybe he wasn’t staring at her because of her neck.
* The thought of being truly desired by a man, him in particular, sent the wave of hot desire careening down to [between her legs]. How could she spend the rest of her stay at his side if he kept gazing at her like he wanted to keep her in his bed? Not that being in his bed again would be a bad thing. She had dreamt of such a thing as a teen, but they never were able to act on their impulses.
The Staff at the DD Ranch & authors C.R. Moss & RM Sotera