A Letter to Our Guests
* Howdy and welcome to the Double D! With all the glitz and glam offered on the Strip, we so appreciate you choosing our humble spread for your stay. Our residents, staff and guests are known to have sexy, sometimes spooky, but always wild good times here in our little corner of the west. Here on the Double D we aim to please.
* Our ladies, Bristol and Cassie, sometimes liken our lives to that of those daytime dramas, or as our Ma called them soap operas—full of lots of relationship highs and lows, family squabbles, the occasional whodunit, and sometimes paranormal wonders. And ya never know when one person’s or couple’s drama will take precedence over another’s.
* We just like to think that the excitement around here adds to the ranch’s charm. Our last tale had us meeting our gals, a couple of spitfires who kept us on our toes. Now we’re going to share another glimpse into all our lives here on the ranch and what happened when Marianne’s sister, Rachel, came for a visit.
* Enjoy your stay.
* Dakota Dougan, Ranch Manager and Damon Dougan, Lead Ranch Hand
The Double D Ranch Tales are set on a ranch just outside of the Las Vegas, Nevada area. In book two, Wild West Hauntings, a relative comes to visit one of the staff during the holidays. And she’s not the only visitors, a ghost and a poltergeist have decided to crash the party, too! As Rachel is dealing with falling in love with a ghost the rest of the gang have to try to get rid of the negative entity before it takes over Bristol’s unborn baby.
Here’s the info on Wild West Hauntings ~ a contemporary erotic romance with cowboys & ghosts set just outside of Las Vegas AND an Editor’s Pick!
~ Blurb ~
Double D Ranch Tales, 2
* In life and the afterlife, on the Double D Ranch one belief holds true—the power of love changes lives.
* With cowboys, ghosts, modern day women, hot dreams, pre-wedding relations and a bit of sexy time travel, life promises to be one wild time on the ranch again.
* Rachel Star has met the man of her dreams … literally. Too bad he’s a ghost. When true love crosses boundaries from dreams to reality and across time, the Double D ranch is the place it happens. It takes the love of a man from the past, Dalton Dougan, to bring love full circle in the present for Rachel.
* Bristol Ashcombe, soon to be Dougan, is ready to have her baby … and so is a poltergeist. Can the love of a woman for her man and child sustain her during the most horrible of terrors? Can the love between family and friends really dispel the evil haunting them?
Be Warned: sex toys.
~ Excerpt ~
* Rachel snuggled deep within the confines of the down comforter, relaxed and content for the first time in months. Relieved to no longer have to cram for exams, write research papers or defend her thesis, she sighed, then closed her eyes. The travel time from Newark to Las Vegas, Nevada had been longer than expected due to storms, winding her nerves tighter than they already were. It was nice to finally settle down, stop moving and cease thinking. Within a few minutes, she drifted into a familiar dream world.
* Subtle fragrances of leather and sandalwood filled the air. His memorable scent encompassed her. An eternity without him, or what seemed to be that long, ended as her dream lover drew near. A serene smile played at the corners of her lips. Dalton, it’s been awhile, she purred in her mind.
* Behind her, the bed and covers shifted. He settled his body against her. Restless throbs of desire pulsed through her as she molded against him, wanting to be as close to him as possible. He nibbled on her earlobe and snaked his strong arms around her. Warm breath wisped over the side of her face.
* “My star. My lovely wife. How good it is to have you in my arms.” Lips brushed her jaw just below her ear, sending tingles down her side and arm.
* A quick burst of panic shot through her. This seems to be more than a lucid dream. Rachel reached behind her, with a cautious sweep of her arm and hand, hoping to find empty space.
* She didn’t.
The Staff at the DD Ranch & authors C.R. Moss & RM Sotera
Welcome back to the Double D Ranch ~ C.R. Moss
A Letter to Our Guests